March 30, 2008
i made it to oxford today for a day of relaxing with the bass family before jackie and i leave for amsterdam in the morning. i hope to have some adventures to write about when we return. for now here's a glimpse of dinner time, oxford style.
March 26, 2008
March 24, 2008
- public reading of esther (costumes are optional, but we opted in)
- sending food gifts to friends
- giving charity to the poor
- eating a festive meal
i love what our good friend matthew henry has to say about the purpose of purim (and other celebrations)...
"the observance of the jewish feasts is a public declaration of the truth of the old testament scriptures"here we are in all our glory...haman, king xerxes, queen esther and mordecai
March 17, 2008
March 9, 2008
- what's your proudest accomplishment? surviving her first year of teaching after a horrendous student teaching experience
- if you were cremated, where would you like to have your ashes spread? on the beach in hawaii
- what's your biggest pet peeve? heavy breathing
- if you were to own a fabulously impractical car, what car would it be? an rv
- at what age do most people become old and what is the secret to staying young? i used to think you became old at 30...not so much anymore. more like 87. and the secret is...don't act old.
March 3, 2008
i love quality friends.
then then i spent the day playing cards and laughing with my 'adopted' grandma, pauline. she is just about the sweetest lady on planet earth. this is a picture of her with her husband lee. he passed away about a year and a half ago, but they are so cute, i knew you'd want to see them.
also, inquiring minds want to know...i had a mid-season training meeting with h&r block on saturday. they played my famous news video for all to see, then gave me a goodie bag (seen below) with a $50 target card!! i just love those hidden cameras.