January 29, 2009

twenty five things you always wanted to know...

1 i have a unique cupcake eating regimen…i break off the bottom half of the cake and put it on top, like an icing sandwich. try it. you’ll like it

2 i sent an audition tape to
the amazing race with my friend jason

3 my dad was in a nursing home for awhile before he passed away, which is part of the reason i work at one now

4 i am the very proud owner of a baby grand piano…which currently lives in st. louis with my mom

5 $2 is my upper price limit for a box of cereal…and i take that very seriously

6
ozzie smith is, and will always be, my favorite baseball player. my childhood goal was to be a shortstop for the stl cardinals so we could be teammates

7 i never, ever get tired of watching friends re-runs

8 i have seen the movie
back to the beach more times than i could ever count…and every time i watch it i crave a peanut butter sandwich

9 i was on homecoming court in
high school and college

10 i have a hole in my left shin where i was kicked by a horse while on a trail ride two days before starting eighth grade

11 i am madly in love with
hyvee (the grocery store)

12 i was once the lead in a church musical where i played an alien named zak from a planet of blue people (the color, not the emotion)

13 i’ve had a recent fascination with the cause of world war one

14 i remember very specific details from the days of oj’s car chase, the oklahoma city bombing and 9-11

15 when i was in college my dad randomly bought a red corvette and would let me borrow it for weeks at a time

16 i am a lifetime member of the
international thespian society

17 i was a canoe instructor at new life ranch…i know the five basic canoeing strokes and how to do a deep and shallow water rescue

18 i have exceptional map reading skills and a good sense of direction…this is why i love exploring

19 i don’t like using capital letters…and i like think of it as part of my artistic style

20 in my old car the stereo volume had a numerical display, and i always had to leave it on an even number

21 we owned a boat my whole life and i love being out on the water

22 in seventh grade i wore a yellow smiley face pin that said “Jesus loves you” every day. literally. every day.

23 i have an art degree because it sounded fun (and it was)

24 growing up we had a lot of trees and my job was to pick up sticks so my dad could mow. i hated this job. once i was so distraught about my situation that i leaned up against a tree and sobbed about the fact that my parents only had me for the purpose of picking up sticks

25 my college flag football team, the killer bees, were the undefeated champions two years in a row…awwww sting ‘em!

1 comment:

Michelle Ross said...

re: #22
in 6th grade I thought a jean jacket be-dazzled with Witnessing Pins was the height of fashion. I wish I still had that jacket!