June 9, 2009

this is a stick-up

last friday my super fabulous friends at john knox threw me the going away party of the century. it all started when i came back to the office after serving lunch to the residents and amber jumped out at me shouting, "this is a stick-up! don't say anything...do what i tell you!"

this is me being surprised/frightened


i followed her to the parking lot where i was blindfolded and told to put on a large shirt, which i couldn't look at. we drove for what felt like a long time, while amber continuously shouted [and yes, i do mean shouted] trivia questions at me, which were based on the various funny things that have happened at my job during the past three years. when we finally arrived at our destination and the blindfold was removed, i was greeted by the rest of my co-workers and a big sign welcoming me to my "i quit my job shower". [editors note: i had recently been lamenting about always throwing baby and bridal showers and never getting one, so they were really granting a wish]


not only did they feed me, which most people know is super exciting for me, they literally did shower me with a LOT of great gifts! i still can't believe how generous they are!


[in case you can't read it, the shirt says "today i quit my job at john knox village] thanks ladies...you're the best coworkers a girl could ever ask for.
< > Home
emerge © , All Rights Reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Sadaf F K.